Saturday 30 March 2019

FOREVER IS A MYTH



                                         
                                  I , ......., take thee ....... to be my lawfully wedded husband/wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish 
TILL DEATH DO US PART, according to Holy ordinance and thereto I pledge thee my faith or pledge myself to you.


                                         This is the Main and basic vow we pledge at our wedding. "Till death do us Part" this line I engraved it on my heart the moment I recited it. Shining Bright in my Bridal Attire, A mild tension that's sweeping my mind, holding his Hand at the Precious Altar, taking vows in front of all those guests...Wow what a moment of Life it is To any girl. Yes even in this millennial century, there are Girls who treat marriage as a Precious event of their life.


                              Exchanging Rings at the  ceremony, A sense of Pride Hit me. "We are destined to be together forever and this Ring is the witness of this moment. I shall take this ring to my grave," were the thoughts I had the moment he took my hand and put the ring on my ring finger. What a bliss it was. Calling someone our very own for the rest of our lives. We are One forever declared the legal marriage certificate and so blessed everyone. Our Journey of Togetherness began.

                               Years passed on, and our forever lasted for less than a Year. When I was about to sign those DIVORCE PAPERS (those legal papers that certify we are separated) that vow strikes me again, I looked at him for one last time. That blank stare from him told me that there is nothing left to be said or to be done. Signing those papers I gifted him Divorce and gifted myself Freedom.

Now I wonder about that vow. "TILL DEATH DO US PART"...excuse me isn't it supposed to be until either of us dies.Barely an year and we already reached the end of our journey and Forever is a Joke. Then I understood, I took the vow seriously while he Doesn't even remember what he promised.

TILL DEATH DO US PART....What a joke on the face of marriage. Let me re-frame it
TILL THE DEATH OF LOVE;
TILL THE DEATH OF FEELINGS;TILL THE DEATH OF TRUST;
TILL I FIND SOMEONE ELSE TO FALL IN LOVE;
UNTIL THEN , I shall take him/ her as my lawfully wedded husband/wife.




RINGS DON'T HAVE THE LOVE TO BIND TWO PEOPLE TOGETHER FOREVER ;
nor do SIGNATURES HAVE THE POWER TO SEPARATE THEM
.

It all starts and ends with 2 people. The moment Feelings and love die, that moment lay your relationship to rest. There is no use watering a dead plant.
MOVE ON....Moving on doesn't mean running into someone else's outstretched arms. It means Moving on with life,chasing your dreams,doing what you always wanted to do, breaking off those chains that tied you down till now and flying high that the Past can never reach you.
And Remember "FOREVER IS A MYTH".

P.S:- This is not just a Story or a write up. This is the inner voice of all those Men and Women who take marriage vows seriously Yet had to separate as their other half found someone else to live with or something else to live for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MERMAID - HER SOLITUDE & HER RISE

  Once so Cheerful MERMAID now became LIFELESS. A MERMAID who feared DARKNESS, now embraced DARKNESS. She shut herself in the SHIP WRECKS &a...